SPC flooring has always been an excellent choice for homeowners due to its low maintenance, high durability, easy-to-clean, and water-resistant structure. However, appropriate maintenance is always necessary to ensure maximum durability and performance of your flooring treatment. With that said, we have come up with a completely clean SPC flooring for your assistance. In addition, this comprehensive guide will boost your confidence and knowledge to take the initiative of a DIY floor cleaning project.
How to Clean SPC Flooring? | A Complete Guide
We have enlisted the essential supplies and crucial steps for regular cleaning, stain removal, and deep cleaning of SPC flooring Dubai. Moreover, we have also described some amazing tips for maintaining the SPC flooring, as well.
Supplies You’ll Need to Clean SPC Flooring
- Microfiber Cloth
- Baking soda
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- White vinegar
- Dishwashing soap
- Bristle Brush
Cleaning Procedure For SPC Flooring
Regular cleaning, stain removal, and deep cleaning are the major ways to upkeep SPC home floors. We have offered an entire guide for all the SPC flooring cleaning methods.
Regular Cleaning of SPC Flooring
Regular cleaning takes little time and gives an elegant and aesthetic look to the floors. If you want to clean your SPC flooring regularly, make sure to act upon these guidelines.
- For regular dusting, a soft bristle brush or vacuum cleaner can be utilized
- The floor should be mopped with a dry microfiber cloth to get rid of extra debris.
- Make a solution by adding all these components: vinegar (half cup), alcohol (half cup), dishwashing soap (1 tsp), and warm water (2 gallons).
- After preparing the solution, mop your SPC floors with it.
- Now, you can clean the SPC floor with regular water to remove all cleaning solution residue.
- Let it dry and avoid the accumulation of water anywhere on the floor.
Stains Cleaning of SPC Flooring
Stains are usually caused by pets or children at home. Stain removal is necessary to restore the elegance of your floor. We have enlisted important steps to remove nearly every kind of stain.
- For stain cleaning, you can use baking soda paste. To make a paste, mix baking soda with a small amount of water. After preparation, you will apply this paste thoroughly to the stained area of the floor.
- For marks, such as ink spills, you can also use isopropyl alcohol for removal purposes.
- After some time, rinse the treated area with warm and clean water to remove all the residues and let it dry.
- Before using any stain-removing agent, it must be ensured that it is non-abrasive and non-acidic.
Deep Cleaning of SPC Flooring
For deep cleaning, first of all, you need to remove all the dust and dirt particles from the floor surface by using a vacuum cleaner or bristle brush.
- While vacuuming, try to focus on the crevices and corners of the flooring, and underneath the furniture.
- After vacuuming, use a microfiber cloth to wipe down the floor to remove any extra dust particles that can damage the floor during deep mopping.
- After proper dusting, you will need to prepare a cleaning solution by adding hot water and dishwashing soap in a clean bucket.
- Now, dip your mop in this bucket and wipe the floors in repetition.
- At the end, rinse the SPC flooring with clean and somewhat warm water to remove residues of soap.
- Let it dry because standing water can damage the SPC flooring.
- You can also make use of commercial SPC floor cleaners.
SPC Flooring Maintenance Tips
Try to remove the dust and debris from SPC home floors regularly to prevent accumulation.
- You can also place a doormat or carpet at the entrance of rooms or halls to wipe the dust from your shoes.
- Always use felt pads and covers under the legs of furniture to avoid scratches on the floor.
- After installation, immediately clean or wash the floor surface to remove all the dust-capturing adhesive residues.
- It must be ensured to use a non-abrasive cleaning solution to protect the flooring surface.
- Avoid using steam for cleaning the SPC flooring because it can harm your floors.
- Protect the floors from extreme sunlight or heat because it can discolor them.
It is concluded that SPC floor cleaning requires no hard work. You can easily clean this type of flooring by using appropriate supplies and guidelines. For your convenience, we have not only described regular cleaning but also mentioned the easy and effective steps of stain removal and deep cleaning.